Our Little Family

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Just Like His Brother

So our baby Spiderman has been such a joy.  Our journey to him coming into this world was a bit rough I must say.  The pregnancy was tough to put it lightly.  I struggled with extreme nausea, and back pain that would not let up.  We had a couple of scares with him too, that were always so fun.  I managed to work the entire pregnancy and actually went into labor during the middle of my shift.  My stubbornness refused to allow myself to believe I was truly in labor.  When my boss asked me at lunch if I was "really" ok, I told her, "uh YES, why does everyone keep asking me that?"  She said she did not like the way I looked and was breathing.  After loosing my entire lunch in the restroom a few minutes later, I finally admitted, well, I guess I may be in labor, and yes those pains I am feeling are probably contractions.  I refused to let them take me to L&D right down the hall until my hubby arrived, and yep I had my c-section the next day.
My precious boys
The c-section was fun in itself, lasting over an hour.  Three doctors were present, including my beloved "mexican Santa Clause" Dr. C.  Spiderman went to the nursery and was not released to me for over 6 hours.  I got to keep him in our room just a bit.  Long enough for him to decide to stop breathing, and turn dusky.  We had a terrible scare that night, and he went straight to NICU for a week.  He continued to be naughty after he went home, continuing with his breathing issues, buying us another stay in the hospital, this time in my own unit, PICU.  So after 4 days, we went home with Spidey and a machine to alarm when he stopped breathing.  We had medicine for breathing and meds for reflux.  Everyone kept asking me, "oh, is he a GOOD baby?"  I would say, "uh, not so much. But we sure do love him."
So now that we are about to hit a year with our precious Spidey, it is a completely different place we are in now.  He is such a joy, and has been the perfect completion to our little family.  I find myself watching him constantly starring at his big brother.  He wants to be just like Wonderboy, and is completely entertained by his every move.  I absolutely cannot picture our lives without him, and always think about what Judy Lynn would say to him, and how she would interact with him.
I have often wondered if she got a chance to meet him in heaven before we ever knew him.  Sometimes I see him looking up into space, and just smiling and laughing almost.  I wonder if he can see her, and picture her entertaining him.  Our biggest joys now can be difficult because we are reminded of her absence.  So we are here our little family with our baby Spidey growing bigger everyday, just like his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment