Our Little Family

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Human Lie Detector

Since my honey bunny is on the shift he is on, we are able to have occasional breakfast/lunch dates.  I always enjoy the time alone together just to talk and share each other's company.  Having opposite schedules has made it hard for us the past few months, but we are doing what we have to, to make it work for our family.
Of course, on days like today, Wonderboy is at school during our date.  We have Spiderman with us, but he doesn't pay much attention to our conversations, and it still feels like a date even with him sitting in the highchair at the end of the table.
So today we started talking, and I love to hear my honey bunny tell his stories.  He really is one of the smartest men I know.  He is so good at his job, and I love hearing his tales.  We started discussing people in our lives, and things people say.  My hubby starts telling me particulars about certain people and how he can tell when they are lying.  I had no idea that he possessed this skill.  I sat there listening just in awe of his talent.  I really never realized that I had been sitting across from the "human lie detector."  My hubby is a people watcher, and he picks up things when you wouldn't even know he was paying attention.  I sat there like a little kid in a candy store, asking, "and then, and then, and what does SHE do?, and what does HE do?"  He would give me details, and I would think, "really?, oh yeah you are right, he DOES do that."  Anyhow, I left our little breakfast date today loving him just a little bit more.  It is nice to see that sometimes the one that loves you is looking out for you even when you thought they weren't always paying attention to every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment