Our Little Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

You Can't Trick the Tricker!

So April 1st  has been a fun holiday for me for a long time.  One of my first memories as a child, was of a particular April Fools Day.  My dear ole daddy, "heeeey boy" woke me and my sweet older sis, Loly, up early.  He said, "girls get up quick! The circus has come to town! And they left a pony in the front yard!"  So of course Loly and I jumped out of bed just as quick as we could and ran to the living room to look out onto the front yard to see the sight.  And wouldn't you guess, the circus did NOT come, there was no pony, and my daddy laughed so hard saying loudly, "April FOOLS!"  Uh uh, not funny daddy.  So since then it has been a mission of mine to be the best "tricker" in our household.
The morning of April Fools, I had to trick the Wonderboy.  Not a big trick.  Just big enough that he would be on guard the rest of the day, and not be fooled by anyone else.  I told him, "get up, and get dressed, the school called and the fourth grade is going to Western Playland today because everyone did so good on the tasks test.  Wonderboy said, "really?"  I was quick to say, uh no, April Fools!

Being a good tricker means you have to be ready to pull the quick tricks whenever you can.  Wonderboy's teacher had called and said that he had not been getting his agenda book signed, and we would talk more about it at parent/teacher conferences.  So when Wonderboy got home, I had the perfect opportunity to trick him.
The phone rang and it said on the caller i.d....School.  It was one of those voice recordings that they do each week, reminding parents of various things going on.  So during the recording, I pretended that I was talking to someone and went on saying, "WHAT? Uh no, he did NOT tell me that!  Really?  He's gonna what?  Oh ok. Thank you.  I will speak with him RIGHT away!"  Wonderboy stood there with his eyes as wide as could be. I got off the phone and asked, "well, is there something you wanted to tell me?"
He looked around as if to think of what he was in trouble for, what they could have possibly have told me, and how was he going to tell me.  After a few moments, "uh, well, I got a belt violation (for not wearing his belt) and I am going to In School Suspension now?  I let him go on and on for a little while talking about little things they may have called me on.  I said, "is that all?"  "Are you scared?"  He said, "uh huh."  I said, "well you shouldn't be, I am the grand tricker!  No one called, it was the recording about the upcoming events at the school!"  OH MOM!  You got me!.......
Yeah, that's right, you can't trick the tricker!

No comments:

Post a Comment